PrestonFM

PrestonFM
Your Community Radio

Monday 7 June 2010

Are You A Shetlander in Preston?



Do you come fae Shetland? An ex-pat of the Ultima Thule?

Here on PrestonFM 103.2 I plan to start a show for you.

This is the year of Hamefaring

Every 25 years the people of Shetland throw an open invitation to all folk who have links with family within Shetland.
I will be going twice so I could give you a taste of the reels, yarns and anticts of the Guizer Yarl and his Up Helly AA Squad.



There are many events going on, I know sometimes folk cannot make it so let us bring a wee bit of Shetland to Preston.


Are there any groups of folk who meet?

I can come and have a yarn and tell of all the folk I know.

One you all may know of was a dear friend of mine and my family.

Rhoda Bulter
Via Shetlopedia

She and Dennis lived next door to my Grannie and Grandad.

Please leave a comment

Thanx









No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment on this blog. All comments will be Moderated to fit with Offcom Regulations and PRESTONFM guidelines. Anything offensive, racist or intimidating will not be published and may be reported.
All comments will be read, some may be responded to.